What is Inflammation of Hair Follicles, Read Best Hair Loss Treatment And Precautions, Folliculitis is the inflammation of the hair follicles and will usually cause hair loss. If you are unaware of folliculitis hair loss, its symptoms, and treatment, we can help. Keep reading to know more about the condition.
What, Precisely, is Folliculitis?
Each strand of hair grows out from a pouch-like that is understood because of the follicle. In diagrams of hair, the bulb in which the strand terminates is the follicle. Folliculitis is a condition where this bulb gets inflamed due to certain persisting skin factors like dry skin.
Causes of Folliculitis Hair Loss:
1. There are many reasons that irritate and irritate the hair follicles. Some of them are given below.
2. Bacteria and some types of yeast infections can attack the hair follicles. In such cases, they swell and become inflamed.
3. Sweat, dirt, and grime can clog the pores of the skin, leading to inflammation and infection of the hair follicles.
4. Shaving, especially shaving regularly with a blunt razor, can cause severe damage to your hair follicles. They will become visibly red, swollen, and itchy.
Some Other Causes of Hair Loss:
Wearing tight clothing that constantly rubs against the skin, using water that is not properly treated with chlorine, excessive use of certain products such as makeup, cocoa butter, motor oil, and steroid creams that clog the skin pores and damage the hair follicles.
Get yourself tested if:
1. You have pimple-like structures all over your skin with hairs in the middle of your skin. These are what inflamed hair follicles look like.
2. These inflamed hair follicles burst and ooze blood or pus. That means it’s time to call your dermatologist.
3. Hair follicles itch like crazy and you’re spending all your time trying to be comfortable in your clothes while your body feels like it’s on fire.
4. If folliculitis sets in two days after you’ve been in a non-chlorinated hot tub or swimming pool, the abdominal area is most likely to be inflamed.
Hair Loss Treatment: How To Treat This Condition?
1. The only good thing about this condition is that it gets better on its own. Give it about two weeks. If itching is really getting you going, you can try a warm compress using white vinegar or Burrow’s solution for some immediate relief.
2. Medicated shampoo can be used to treat this condition when it is on the scalp.
It is a common condition not to panic. But recurrent folliculitis hair loss can be difficult to live with. It is best to consult a dermatologist in this case.
Following proper hygiene helps in keeping folliculitis away. Here are some of the things one can do to prevent the infection from spreading.
1. Use antiseptic soap.
2. Apply antiseptic and antibiotic lotion to the affected area. This will help in treating the infected follicles.
3. Apply a warm and moist compress to the affected areas, as this will reduce infection to other unaffected areas.
4. Use over-the-counter medicines like cortisone cream after showering.
5. Add a few drops of chlorine to your hot bath three times a week.
6. Do not share your towel with other people.
let’s have a look at home remedies with this ingredient that have helped several hundred suffering from folliculitis.
Water and Hydrocortisone
- Use a damp cloth and moisten the affected areas with warm water.
- Scrub the area with a good amount of anti-bacterial soap. It can be in the form of liquid or soap.
- Gently rub the soapy skin with a soft cloth for 30 seconds. This will exfoliate the dead skin cells near the follicles.
- Wash the skin thoroughly with lukewarm water and then dry it.
- Follow this session by treating the skin with a thin layer of a hydrocortisone cream which will relieve both inflammation and intense itching.
1. Mix one part of good-quality white vinegar with four parts of water. Now soak a clean washed cloth and wring it till it is almost dry.
2. Now keep this vinegar-soaked cloth on the affected area for half an hour. Use it twice a day for best results.
3. Follow this rule of vinegar compress by applying a thin layer of hydrocortisone for quick results.
Folliculitis hair loss is an inflammatory condition where the hair follicles become inflamed and itchy. This is caused by factors such as bacterial infection, excessive friction, grime, and shaving. In most cases, the condition heals on its own in two weeks. If you cannot wait that long, you can use a medicated shampoo or vinegar compress to soothe the itching and inflammation. Following good personal hygiene can prevent folliculitis hair loss from developing in the first place.
We Hope You Enjoyed Reading About Inflammation of the hair follicles, Hair Loss – Causes, Precautions, And Treatment
Do let us know if you want to read more information and tips on Inflammation of the hair follicles, Hair Loss – Causes, Precautions, And Treatment if you have one share it with us as your feedback in our comment section.
You Can Also Read:
We Hope You Enjoyed Reading About Inflammation of Hair Follicles | Best Hair Loss Treatment And Precautions
Feel free to share these Best & Latest Tips On Inflammation of Hair Follicles | Best Hair Loss Treatment And Precautions With Your Friends And Loved Ones.
To Join Us On Telegram To Get Personal Suggestions Click Here